Proposed Bylaws Georgia State Support Committee
The Georgia State Support Committee will be recognized as a standing committee of the Georgia Cotton Commission and will be known as the Georgia Cotton Commission Research Committee.
- The Committee shall be composed of both voting and non-voting members. Voting members of the committee must be involved directly in the production and processing of Georgia cotton. Voting members shall consist of:
- Members of the Georgia Cotton Commission
- State Directors and Alternates of the Cotton Incorporated Board of Directors
- State Directors and Alternates of the Cotton Board of Directors
- Non-voting Advisory Members of the will consist of:
- Cotton Incorporated Representative
- Cotton Board Representative
- Georgia Cotton Specialists
- Staff and Consultants of the Georgia Cotton Commission
- Others named by the Chairman of the Research Committee
- Representatives of ex-offico members of the Georgia Cotton Commission
- Terms of the voting members of the Research Committee shall parallel those terms of the Organizations these individuals represent on this committee. The Chairman and Executive Director shall serve as chairman and secretary of this committee. Any additional members or officers shall be appointed by the Chairman and approved by the members of the committee.
- Changes to the by-laws of this committee must be approved by a majority of the committee’s members.