About Cotton LEADS™
Cotton LEADS™ is a program that is committed to responsible cotton production and is founded on core principles that are consistent with sustainability, the use of best practices and traceability in the supply chain. The program offers manufacturers, brands and retailers a reliable cotton supply chain solution and confidence that their raw material is responsibly produced and identified. The Cotton LEADS™ program strives to make sure cotton is produced responsibly now and for years to come.
Cotton LEADS™ is committed to five core principles that are consistent with sustainability, the use of best practices and traceability in the supply chain. This joint program initiated by Australia and the United States offers manufacturers, brands, and retailers provides a reliable and responsible cotton supply chain solution. Cotton producers and industry organizations in Australia and the United States pioneered the investments, practices, and national infrastructures necessary to put cotton production practices on paths to continual improvement.
Benefits for Retailers, Brands, and Manufacturers
- Confidence that your cotton is responsibly produced.
- Transparency and traceability in the supply chain.
- An ample, year-round supply of cotton qualities to meet manufacturing needs.
- No membership fees, added costs, or price distortions in the supply chain.
- No requirement to buy a minimum of Australian or U.S. cotton.
- Recognition for joining member countries and other Cotton LEADS™ Partners in their commitment to continual improvement and responsible cotton production.
- Specify Cotton LEADS™ as one of your preferred cottons and you can have confidence that your cotton is responsibly produced.